Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Chat From One Year Ago

This is a chat from 1 year ago, Mike and Jared have added small amounts of commentary in parentheses throughout the chat and one final note at the end.

1/31/2012

4:31 PM mike: hey Lard-nah!
jared: yo dino!
 whaddup (thought this would sound real new york and mike would like it)
mike: Nothing Just got home from work.
 I had a big! Big! Day!
jared: woah!
 what happened?
 big promotion?
mike: I had to lay off 4 part-time Latinas (reading this today I wonder if I crossed the line by being too racist to get a haha) today
 BIG DAY! I'm beat!
jared: !  (I wondered if it was okay to say Latinas)
 you had to fire people?
 why are you firing people?
 that's your job?
mike: I got promoted. My boss say how unfazed I was by firing people that I got a promotion.
jared: pay bump? ( i never use this phrase)
mike: Salery
 I make more than most of the people there now.
jared: wow
 suddenly you like this job (Mike had been less than enthused with this job, so I was big suspicious)
mike: no. I love it! (I think I was working at the framing department at Joann fabrics. Pretty low time in my life, but kind of fun.  I liked the people. -Mike)
jared: ?
 I need to know if you're telling me the full dino truth
I hope you are
mike: I'm not. (I was lying the whole time. Strictly for yuks. -Mike Paul Lopez)
jared: because this sounds like good things for you.
 8(
(Jared usually wants good things to happen to me because I’m constantly whining about my life situations -Mike)
mike: But I've finally found something I'm good at and I like doing.
 firing people
jared: wait, you did get a pay raise?
mike: no. (this is a pretty cold-blooded response, not giving a lot of information. -Mike)
jared: which parts are true
 i need you to saddle up here  (not sure why I asked Mike to saddle up)
 and clear the air
mike: none of it. It was a schit (word that means a bit -Mike)
jared: aw man.
mike: the whole thing. although I did work earlier
jared: practicing at that thing
 from the movie
mike: I was just riffing. I got a promotion for being cruel to people and I enjoyed it.
its funny (clearly not paying attention to what Jared was saying. -Mike L.)
jared: yeah
 i slept late
 but now i'm at work
 working
mike: Whats this shoot? (I think Jared may have texted me about a video shoot, which I sometimes cover for him. -Mike)
jared: oh, just taping a lecture
 at school
 in a classroom
…....
 i'll be there to help you set it up
 and then I have to go tape a different lecture
 so you just have to return the equipment and put a few things in my locker
 and that's all
mike: what time?
jared: the lecture is from 4:15 - 6:00
 i'll have you get there like 3:30 - 3:45
 something like that
mike: cool.
 cool
 cool
 cool
jared: …..(Jared regrets giving me money for the job. -Mike) (Jared just didn’t want to show the amount of money Mike got, seems strange to do that internet style)
mike: oh hell yeah
 gimmie gimmie gimmie
 you are a big money baller
jared: you know, ….. (another part Jared deleted. -Lil Mike)
 you could make that invoice
 and get the money from   .....  (Mike did a gig for me once that I couldn’t do, and then he never sent them an invoice to get the money, it always seemed wrong to me, and even though he told me it doesn’t matter, I think I gave him money for cab fare to get there, so I always thought it was weird that it was okay that he took my money for that, but didn’t get money for the job he did from the people who benefitted from his work)(oh. I never thought about it that way. I guess you could say you paid to keep your reputation with those clients, so they will hire you in the future.  It was a fun time for me so I don’t mind.)
mike: I was there only for an hour
jared: think about that
 yeah, but you should get more than $20 for that
mike: I like you. but we should move beyond this part of our friendship.
jared: ah, it's true. (it is true, he has a point)
 dino to dino.
mike: I'm coming at you like a Dino in the truest sense
jared: it's true.
 the issue is over. (it’s over at times, until I remember, but it does feel pretty much over)
 i just don't like seeing some amount of money go away forever
mike: http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/lovely_documentary_on_leonard_cohens_time_spent_at_mount_baldy_zen_center
 isn;t this weird (I think about this thing all the time.  The other day I was trying to remember the song he is listening to in the car at the end. What a weird cover. -Mike)
jared: seems like that would be fun
 to go somewhere and make an album (this would be fun, maybe someday i’ll actually do music things again, but probably not)
 i'd do that
mike: it looks kind of cool (I always fantasize about locking myself up for a long time to work on stuff. True story.  I just can never afford it. Cry me a river right? -Mike)
jared: yeah (it does seem great)
what else is on the agenda tonight?
mike: I'm going to do yoga and then eat and then work on stuff, and then mail some books out that I sold on amazon (at this time in my life I was living with my parents and selling books online. -Mike)
jared: big seller, eh?
mike: one of the biggest in our circle of friends
jared: could be.
 quite a salesman, that Mike Lopez.  (Mike is a social chameleon, and could be anything he wants to be. He has talent and charisma, and will go far)(I have a hard time taking complements or being easy on myself.-Mike)
mike: my philosophy has always been to belive in what you are selling even if you don't believe in yourself
jared: hmm.
 why not believe in yourself, too?
 just because.
 it feels better.
 i guess that's why you're the salesman.
mike: the d stands for dealcloser
jared: Dino.
5:07 PM mike: GTG TLK LTR

Mike Note: Overall I would say this is a premium chat. I feel like I was in top form this day and didn’t really give Jared a lot of time to shine.  But I believe he knew to just let me go for the gold, so that in the future I would do the same for him, and I hope at some point I did.

Now,I have the chance to do some spelling corrections but I don’t feel like changing anything. Its pretty good the way it is.
I can appreciate the quality of Blu-rays but I still feel like they won’t last. Maybe because everything is going to be exchanged digitally.

Jared Note:  This is an okay chat, not full of great details, and a little short,(most chat readers like something long and juicy) but I think it starts the appetite, and it happened one year from the date we posted it. That is the point, to show what we chatted about last year on this day.  Maybe you are reading this in 2015, and to you I say: Do you still collect blu-rays? I would like to know. If you really want to know how I feel about Blu ray, then go to this link: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lttn9g46yx1r2j693o1_250.gif  

No comments:

Post a Comment